Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lost

I hadn't seen The Wire before I posted a clip from it a month or two back. Fortunately Angus was kind enough to lend me the DVD and I have to say it's very good indeed. Trust me, you can safely ignore a certain Mr. T. Chivers on this one - he clearly knows nothing about quality crime drama.

I still haven't seen an episode of Lost though so I haven't a clue what's going on in today's video. If you know do be kind enough to leave a comment to enlighten the rest of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder he beat the computer- it thought it was checkmate when it had 2 legal moves- Nf1 or Bf1.
Andrew

Anonymous said...

Well, in this video, Locke, a character in Lost finds himself in an outpost of the others (who can be viewed as enemy's in the show) where he stumbles upon a computer displaying a chess game. Sincle Locke has an interest in computer chess he tries his luck, not knowing that the chessgame is actually the key to secret commands that operate the outpost which is revealed as soon as he beats it. The 77 command however, sets off a self destruct system that blows up the entire place...

It may sound gay but it's my favourite show :)

You should try watching it sometime... You might like it. But you should really start with the very first episode.