Tuesday, March 01, 2016

You decide

I often remark that after you reach the age of forty, it becomes impossible to distinguish satire from reality. Once you turn fifty, even more so.

So I find myself unable to make sense of this remark from Stewart Reuben, at least in the sense of understanding in which of the two aforementioned categories I should place it.

Perhaps readers can help. In your opinion:


(a) is Ray taking the piss, or just completely lacking any sense of self-awareness?

Alternatively:

(b) is Stewart taking the piss?

Your assistance urgently required.

[Ray Keene index]
[Ray Keene plagiarism index]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is annoying that people are allowed to place adverts in the media comments on chess thread.
SR posted verbatim a press release from somebody selling chess clothing, and now an advert for the Times. What are the mods playing at?

I don't credit either author with having a satirical intent.

-theblueweasel